Anyone who lives, works, trades, shops or provides services in the town centre has a stake in its future. Central to this is the role of our Partnership. Since its formation the Town Centre Partnership has brought together local government, businesses, residents and local organisations. The result has been a programme of initiatives which have helped to transform the area, improve safety, support businesses, attract new investment and new retailers and increase footfall. The Partnership provides the opportunity to work together, to explore cross-promotional initiatives, develop business performance and a platform to raise issues, ideas and concerns that are pivotal to the success and development of the town.
There are currently in excess of 100 members representing local businesses, organisations and statutory authorities.
How do I join?
A small annual membership fee (starting at £30 for small businesses and organisations) is payable. The fee is invested directly back into the town through a range of projects delivered by the partnership.
Email Aylesbury Town Centre Manager or call 01296 585880 for more information.
The fee covers:
- Weekly updates for food and beverage operators providing information about events in the town, including activity levels at the theatre (i.e. occupancy, type of shows, typical demographic of each show), so that staffing levels can be planned.
- Monthly updates about town centre issues i.e. footfall, planning applications, shop changes, transport updates, road closures and key issues in the town
- Quarterly meeting invitations – this gives you an opportunity to network with other town centre businesses and hear about projects and events in the town including the big projects i.e. key development sites. This is a chance for you to discuss any concerns you have about the town.
- AVDC press releases affecting town centre issues
- Special offers from Waterside Theatre
- The opportunity to get involved in events in the town
What projects has the partnership delivered?
- Free events programme – including every Thursday of school holidays, and key weekends throughout the year
- Santa’s Parade and Christmas Light Switch On events – attracting over 9000 on both days
- Co-ordination of over 450 free events in the town and the production of visitor guides
- Achieving Purple Flag status for the third year running
- Support to new and existing businesses
- Retail Lift Off project was launched which attracts and sustains new independent businesses
- Pedestrianisation of the upper High Street
- Grot spot cleansing
- Market development
- Design and erect window wraps on empty units
- Introduction of a street management agreement to actively manage street collectors
- Street entertainers twice a week throughout the summer
What events has the partnership got planned?
Download our current guide to activities in Aylesbury town centre.