Independent Living and Handy Van Service
The Royal British Legion’s Independent Living Service covers England, Wales and Northern Ireland. We offer beneficiaries a high quality, friendly and professional service to live safe and well at home. The Independent Living Service comprises of two services; the Independent Living Advice Service and the Legion Handy Van Service.
We offer support face to face, over the telephone and email to help beneficiaries work towards goals that are important to them.
This means we could help with:
- Specialist Information and Advice-About Independent Living Options
- Aids and Adaptations
- Assistance with Disabled Facilities Grants and Challenges
- Small maintenance jobs
- Home safety checks
- Winter warmth checks
- Help and support to navigate social services
- Help and support to challenge decisions
- Help to address isolation and loneliness
- Information on local services
- Setting up your own social groups
- Help to understand your rights and speak up
Who can use this Service?
A beneficiary is anybody who has served, is currently serving in the armed forces or are a dependent, spouse or partner of someone who is serving or has served.
Call our friendly contact centre on:
0808 802 8080– Open 8am-8pm- 7 days a week
Or visit one of our pop in centres:
As we enter into the Poppy Appeal, our Pop-In will be open from 10am to 4pm on the following Saturdays 28th October, 4th November and 11th November. We are pleased to offer for sale some selected merchandise of from the Poppy Shop.
- The fundraiser’s being held here in the pop in on the High Street from 10am till 4pm. We are aiming a goal target of 285 miles on Static bikes which are being kindly provided by Rush Fitness with their staff. There will be live music and refreshments and a raffle. The bikes will be in front of the pop in under a gazebo in case of inclement weather and some buckets. We will welcome anyone who would like to contribute some pedal power.
- You must login to post comments