It’s great to see how local organisations are helping keep the county entertained while lockdown continues. To help keep you busy we’ve curated a list of some of the best places to ‘go’ from the comfort of home.
- Be inspired by Queens Park Arts Centre’s #LiveCreativelyQPAC campaign with weekly challenges, videos of artists in action and free gigs.
- Get your literary fix from Unbound Theatre’s Facebook page with daily sonnets, an audio adventure series, ‘Sketchbook Sunday’ and more.
- Tune into Mix 96 for local news and entertainment raising spirits and bringing home important messages, such as a local family doing incredible dress up every day.
- Get a special look inside this hugely popular National Trust venue, visit Waddesdon Manor with virtual tours and more.
- For ideas to keep children entertained and child-friendly resources to explain what’s going on, head to the Bucks Family Information Service Facebook page.
- Who needs to buy books when you can browse Bucks’ eLibrary for free? You can join online if you’re not already a member and explore all 16,068 eBooks and eAudiobooks, as well as magazines and newspapers. Members also now get free access to Ancestry Library, so why not take the chance to look into your family tree.
- And for updates on local services and inspiring #ProudofBucks stories of how people from all over the county are helping others in this difficult time, make sure you follow @BucksCouncil on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.