St George’s Day Royal Historical Fayre
Step back in time at Aylesbury Town Council’s St George’s Day Royal Historical Fayre and Parade on Sunday 23 April. We’re excited to bring you this entirely FREE event this spring. There is plenty to see and do…
- Iconic kings and queens of the past are coming to Aylesbury! You’ll have the chance to meet Queen Victoria, King Charles II, King Henry VIII, King Edward I, Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine and Queen Elizabeth I.
- Watch the incredibly talented Unbound Theatre’s Horrible Histories performances and storytelling
- Play traditional English garden games on the museum’s lawn
- Get stuck into plenty of arts, crafts, games and activities for the whole family to enjoy in the Learning Zone – perfect whatever the weather! – including crown and bunting making for the King’s Coronation
- Can you solve the treasure trail quiz?
- Meet St George himself alongside his Lady in Waiting in Market Square before he leads our parade from 3pm.
- You’re in for a royally fantastic day out!
Join us at Discover Bucks Museum from 11am-3pm. The Parade will take place in Market Square from 3pm. This event is entirely free!
11:15am – Queen Victoria
11:45am – Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine
11:45am – Unbound Theatre’s Horrible Histories
12:15pm – King Charles II
12:45pm – Unbound Theatre’s Horrible Histories
1:15pm Queen Victoria
1:45pm Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine
1:45pm Unbound Theatre’s Horrible Histories
2:15pm King Charles II
St George’s Day Parade (from 3pm)
Give St George and his steed a wave in Aylesbury’s Market Square as he leads a spectacular St George’s Day parade. Also featuring is Amersham Marching Band, fire dancers, representatives from Aylesbury’s Uniformed Youth and a dragon!
Accessibility information: https://bit.ly/ATCAccessibility