Site Ownership and Disclaimer
This website is owned and managed by Aylesbury Vale District Council (AVDC) who are responsible for the information within this site and endeavour to provide up-to-date and accurate information.
While every care has been taken in the compilation of the information on this website, AVDC will not be held responsible for any loss, damage or inconvenience whatsoever caused as a result of any inaccuracy or error within these pages.
Links to other websites from these pages are for information only and AVDC accepts no responsibility or liability for access to, or the material on, any site which is linked from or to this site.
AVDC makes every effort to virus check information made available for download on this site. The Council cannot accept responsibility for any loss or damage which may occur from the use of downloaded material. It is recommended that users recheck all downloaded materials with their own virus check software.
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives individuals the right to know what information is held about them and provides a framework of eight data protection principles to ensure that personal information is handled properly. The Act seeks to balance the rights of individuals to privacy of their personal information with the sometimes competing interests of those with legitimate reasons for using personal information.
All potential uses to which personal data held by AVDC may be put will be declared in our annual notification to the Information Commissioner which can be found on their website (AVDC registration number Z5465986). Where explicit individual consent is legally required to process personal information it will be sought before undertaking any processing.
This privacy statement only covers the AVDC website. Links within this site to other websites are not covered by this statement.
AVDC is not responsible for the contents or reliability of linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing should not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over the availability of the linked pages.
See more information on our Cookies.
Our commitment to using and keeping your personal information safe. We will:
• value the personal information entrusted to us and make sure that we respect that trust
• go further than the letter of the law when it comes to handling personal information, and adopt good practice standards
• consider and address the privacy risks first when we are planning to use or hold personal information in new ways, such as when introducing new systems
• be open with individuals about how we use their information and who we give it to
• make it as easy as possible for individuals to access and correct their personal information
• keep the personal information that we hold to the minimum necessary
• have effective safeguards in place to make sure personal information is kept securely and does not fall into the wrong hands
• provide training to staff who handle personal information, investigate any information security incidents, and treat it as a disciplinary matter if staff are found to misuse or not look after personal information properly
• put appropriate financial and human resources in place to look after personal information so that we can live up to our commitment
• regularly check that we are meeting our commitment and look for ways to make it even stronger.
Logos and art work
The logos and art work on the AVDC website and the name “Eye Opening Aylesbury” are the copyright of the information providers and use of these is prohibited without prior authorisation.
The use of text provided by AVDC is allowed within the Fair Dealing terms of the Copyright and Patents Act 1988 ie for research and private purposes. If the text is changed in any way, resulting documents cannot be credited to AVDC. If a commercial or public use is required from any of the pages, application must first be made to:
Head of Communications and Marketing
Aylesbury Vale District Council
Ordnance Survey Maps
Maps are reproduced on the AVDC website with the permission of the Ordnance Survey on behalf of The Controller of HMSO, Crown Copyright. All rights reserved. Unauthorised reproduction infringes crown copyright and may lead to prosecution or civil proceedings. When a viewer wishes to reproduce OS material in any way, they will be directly responsible for obtaining prior permission from the Ordnance Survey.
These terms and/or your use of the website shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the English Courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute which may arise.
Although we take steps to ensure our websites and links are virus-free, you are advised to ensure that you have adequate anti-virus protection on your computer.
Access to the website may sometimes be unavailable due to maintenance. It can also be affected by your Internet Service Provider, your broadband connection and your PC. If you experience connection difficulties you are advised to retry accessing the service.